Monday, July 17, 2006

DW & BS Update

The saga continues with our morning dishwasher (DW) and the boss' son (BS).

As most of you know, BS is a 39 yr old leech. He lives, rent free, in his mother's rental house. He shares custody of his 3 kids with his ex, so he doesn't have to pay child-support. Mama buys the kids clothes and feeds them, when the kids are with BS every other week. The only bills BS has are for his utilities and $600/month for his $40,000 truck, that he bought last September.

DW is a 24 yr old alcoholic that lives with her alcoholic parents (what a surprise). DW has worked at the restaurant for about a year and has yet to make it to work for 2 weeks straight. There's always a day in there where she's too drunk or hungover to make it to work.

In early June, DW once again didn't make it to work. We were busy and my boss kept looking out the window, waiting for DW to show up. BS happened to be passing through the kitchen and casually mentioned to his mother that DW MIGHT be in jail. WTF?! Sure enough; my boss called DW's mom and found out that she was in jail. DW showed up for work the following day and my boss acted like nothing had happened.

A few days later, L noticed that BS' truck was missing and asked him if it was in the shop. BS said that his truck had been IMPOUNDED!! L quickly dropped the subject.

About 2 weeks later, BS walked through the kitchen all spiffed up. The following day, my boss finally told me what was going on. BS had been to court the previous day. He and DW had gone out partying. BS got too drunk to drive, so he let DW(also drunk) drive his new truck, knowing that she had already lost her driver's license because of a DUI. DW got pulled over for speeding, failed a sobriety test, and got thrown in jail. BS' truck got impounded, but he avoided jail because he wasn't driving. The court ruled that they couldn't drink, or be in situations where liquor was served. BS got his truck back but has to have special license plates, that indicate the vehicle has been involved in a DUI, on his truck for 5 yrs. Both DW and BS are subject to random drug and alcohol testing. Both DW and BS have to pay a $1000 fine and DW has to attend classes on alcohol dependency.

The morning of July 5th, DW's mom called to tell the boss that DW had failed her pee test and was back in jail. What a surprise! Did anybody really think that she would stay sober for the 4th of July?! DW was back in court on Friday. The judge is letting her out on work release, so she was back to work for the first time today.

She obviously wasn't paying attention in drunk class.

Update: DW told BS that she hadn't been drinking. She said her test showed positive for alcohol because she had been around people who were drinking.

18 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

That poor child. If there ever were two people who never should have gotten together.....

Oh man.

I hate to say this but I tagged you today.

In view of this post, how about we just forget it?

ND

 
At 7/17/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

How do such stoooopid people survive? Please, if there is a God in heaven, do not allow them to breed.

 
At 7/17/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

ND, no problem; I'll do it later this week. It looks kinda fun.;)

Squirl, I thank God everyday that he got snipped after the 3rd kid!
Your comment sounds like my bumper sticker: Stupid people shouldn't breed.

 
At 7/18/2006 2:20 AM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Um, can you get drunk by osmosis now?

 
At 7/18/2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Goodness, I'm baffled at the stupidity. Alcohol through association - were they "misting" it in the air? Well, it makes me feel better about the "boring-ness" that is my life. Maybe it's better that way. :-P

 
At 7/18/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

Naturally. Alcohol HAS been known to skip from drunk to sober people, much like head lice.

 
At 7/18/2006 7:18 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

SME, ya gotta watch out for those fumes. ;)

Notta, I always tell my kids that excitement means that your life is in turmoil. Give me boring any day!

Euro, I wish I'd known this years ago. I could have saved myself a fortune! ;)

 
At 7/18/2006 8:57 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

ah, I have to remember that excuse!

 
At 7/19/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

GWB, if that worked, I'd be a helluva cheap date! ;)

 
At 7/19/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Holy crap! Special license plates? Is that a Minnesota thing? We need that in Illinois. I feel sorry for that guy's kids. What losers.

 
At 7/19/2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Bwahahahahaha! Both to your reply to me and to your update.

Stupid with a capital S.

 
At 7/20/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

If that worked, everybody on the bus would be toasted. ;D

 
At 7/20/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Laura, apparantly it's a new law, that just went into affect. I hadn't heard of it either.
I feel bad for the kids too. Their mom is a slut, so they don't have much of a chance. :(

Squirl, that's the main reason I blog; so I can converse with some intelligent people! ;)

SME, I better not catch you hanging around with the winos!

 
At 7/20/2006 7:07 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Aw, shucks, and I hang around with winos all the time! You're no fun. :D

 
At 7/20/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

That's not the first time you've told me that. ;)

 
At 7/21/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

What lovely responsible people you have to co-work with on a regular basis.

 
At 7/21/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger JR said...

Boy, all I have in my daily life are corrupt politicians. I often think their intelligence is questionable too. Drunk by osmosis, eh? I'd like to see either a chemical analysis or philosophical discussion on how that is possible. ;-)

 
At 7/21/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

utmg, it's frustrating, to say the least!

VV, there's nothing worse than a STUPID liar! I think we're both dealing with some pretty stupid liars. Fortunately, mine aren't running for office. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home