Friday, December 16, 2005


Dog Turd

Here it is folks, our family's sick tradition. SME and I made one of these out of bread doughcrafts to get even with my Dad. We embellished it with a red yarn ribbon and hung it on their tree when they weren't home. This has become my Dad's favorite ornament. Every year my Mom tries to slip it back in the ornament box, only to later find it proudly displayed in front of a light on the tree.
Two years ago, Z and I made more doughcrafts and Z wanted to make more turds so our tree and his sister's tree could also have one.
I'm certain that we have the only 3 trees on earth that have a dog turd ornament!

9 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 7:01 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

OMG! I love it!!! I'm a dog lover, so what Christmas could be complete without a dog turd ornament?!? :-P

 
At 12/16/2005 7:08 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Maybe we should patent these? ;)

 
At 12/16/2005 11:22 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I think you have hit on a million dollar idea girl!

LOLLLLL! This is just too much! LOL!!

 
At 12/16/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

That is probably the most awesome thing I've seen this holiday season! It's certainly the funniest thing I've heard in long time.

I'm still chuckling about the dog turd ornaments...

I just typed that and chuckled again.

 
At 12/17/2005 8:51 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Monica, I come from a LONG line of twisted minds!

Shawn, how did I KNOW that you would get off on this?
Keep checking, I have more pictures coming, as per your request.

You know what they say about great minds, Bridg!
BTW, what are you doing up this EARLY?

 
At 12/17/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

That's hilarious! I love it.

 
At 12/19/2005 10:43 AM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yuck! Those do look like dog turds. That's too funny. I hope that tradition continues for generations. :)

 
At 12/19/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

They ARE rather realistic looking, aren't they ZS?
We plan on handing them down to our grandchildren. You can't let a unique tradition die. ;)

 
At 12/21/2005 1:59 PM, Blogger zydeco fish said...

They do bear a remarkable resemblance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home