Sunday, December 24, 2006

Goodies Galore!

HEY EVERYBODY; it's officially CHRISTMAS today!!
A contented peace has overtaken our house. The presents are wrapped beneath the tree, and Z is happily playing the new PS2 game that he just opened as his "early present". The 4 varieties of cookies we've baked are ensconced in the gingerbread house cookie jar that SME gave us years ago. We also made 2 kinds of candy, and lefse(of course).
The house is semi-clean(I've given up on the concept of totally clean). The laundry is finished. The new webcam is installed, for our celebration with SME and S&S.

Today will be dedicated to making our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of turkey noodle soup, lefse, and rommegrot for dessert. I will also be making a pumpkin pie and Swedish cream for dessert at my parents' house tomorrow.
Today through Tuesday will be nothing but FUN and FAMILY!
"GOD BLESS US, EVERYONE!"



11 Comments:

At 12/24/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger :| raven |: said...

wow!!!!!

 
At 12/24/2006 6:01 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Holy crap. "That's a lotta cookies there", as Uncle Dave would say.

 
At 12/25/2006 8:40 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

And I bet they don't last long, either!!!

Merry Christmas, Tshsmom, Scrunch, Z, SME and family!!!

 
At 12/25/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Your baking looks fantastic!

 
At 12/26/2006 6:18 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I know it looks impressive, when they're all laid out in one place. ND's right; they don't last long!

WC, thanks! That means a LOT, coming from you! The guys decorate the sugar cookies; glop on frosting and sprinkle with colored sugar. Not nearly as artistic as your works of art! ;)

 
At 12/26/2006 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like eating sugar cookies but never figured out how to roll them LOL... If I want them I have considered buying the ones from the store. Never got around to baking my home made choco chip ones this weekend. I have a good post you for you later if i can get it to post for me. It was my trip out to my dads house. The girls had so much fun with grandpa.

 
At 12/28/2006 12:18 AM, Blogger C said...

WOW!! That's amazing!!!! When we get over this stinkin' flu, I have to do some more Christmas baking, LOL!

 
At 12/28/2006 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Harry looks like he wants a cookie without asking there by the table. LOL!!! Its just the look on his face.

 
At 12/28/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger JR said...

Alright, if you tell me you're Swedish too, I'll be certain we're related! ;-) Don't tell anyone, but yours was the first blog I visited upon my return. Those cookies look so delicious! I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas. I don't know when I can get back to the blog. I have a number of hearings the first couple weeks of Jan. and will be working late nights and on weekends, but I shall return eventually. :-)

 
At 12/30/2006 2:49 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Those cookies look WONDERFUL!

 
At 1/01/2007 4:17 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

VV, you'll HAVE TO come back to see the snowy trees I'll be posting soon. ;)

Thanks GWB! I'm happy to see you back in our 'hood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home