Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No More Blurry Food

Just a quick update before we take off for L's 2nd surgery tomorrow morning. We'll be leaving at 6 a.m., so we can get there for L's 9 a.m. surgery. We need to spend the night so that L can go to his post-op appointment on Friday morning. Since this is the closest thing we'll get to a vacation this year, we plan on enjoying our trip with a little shopping and dinner out.

We now have a magnificent new roof and front porch. I'll try to find time to take some pictures this weekend.

L is sick to death of eating blurry food! Hopefully dollar store glasses will cure this problem after the 2nd surgery.

Yesterday was a KILLER!! Work was a zoo, Boss was a bitch, I had to work over an hour late. Then I tracked down a package at the post office that was mis-labeled as undeliverable. Then, I had to take the truck to our sweetheart of a mechanic to have a nail removed from the tire and a plug installed. He didn't even charge me for it! One of life's blessings is having a trustworthy mechanic. I ADORE ours! Then I had to stand in line to get L's second round of overpriced antibiotic eye drops. I didn't get home and out of my work clothes until 5 p.m.!

For some reason, L didn't want me to cut his hair yesterday, after the day I'd had. I wonder why?

Now I need to pack a few things for our trip and try to switch myself out of hyperdrive. Right now a 4-day weekend sounds heavenly, even if we have to spend some of it in a hospital!

10 Comments:

At 8/13/2008 9:17 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I'm hoping all will go well tomorrow and I'll be thinking about you all! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your renos, too.

Can you believe the bakery assholes emailed me AGAIN? Talk about shitty bosses...but at least in my case, it's an EX boss. Still, GRRRR...I feel for you...

 
At 8/14/2008 6:54 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Good luck and I hope you're going to enjoy your weekend. Sorry your day was bad, but how nice that your mechanic's a good guy. You need breaks like that.

 
At 8/14/2008 12:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I hope you get to enjoy your trip as much as possible & everything goes well.

 
At 8/14/2008 12:57 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Good luck with the eye surgery! We will be thinking about you and hope that you have a really nice and relaxing weekend once the surgery is complete.

I miss my mechanic from the old neighborhood. :-( He was great - one in a million.

 
At 8/14/2008 1:32 PM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Sounds stressful..I Hope all goes well and good luck L.. Take care and drive safely.

 
At 8/14/2008 4:18 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Checking in from the motel on Z's mini laptop. L's eye is still really dilated, so he can't see too well yet, but the surgery seems to be a success.

 
At 8/15/2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just remember, eye on the prize, right? :D Seriously, I hope this surgery went as well as the first and that you can manage to have at least a little fun this weekend.

 
At 8/15/2008 12:22 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

He will be like me - when I put in my contacts and got ready to put my makeup on, I looked and thought, OMG, where'd all those wrinkles pop up from and when? Prayers.

 
At 8/15/2008 6:02 PM, Blogger JR said...

Hmmm, Blogger ate the comment I left yesterday. Oh well. Just wishing you well and checking back for updates.

 
At 8/20/2008 7:30 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

Hoping the best for him....holy crap how do you do this all, tshsmom?

It exhausted me just reading that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home