Wednesday, June 22, 2005

One Step Forward!

Good news!! We've made a few "baby steps".

We've had a few sunny days. Thank God!
I managed to divide and transplant the Hostas that were around our porch. I didn't want them to get stomped when we start re-siding the porch.
The wet areas of our yard dried enough for L to mow them. Our grass is all the same length now.
Z got all his stuff cleared out of the living room. We can actually see the tops of our end tables now.
I bought a bunch of big plastic boxes so I can organize and empty out all the stuff on the front porch. If I can sort out one shelf a day, we should be able to start working on the porch within a week.
The mosquitoes are still horrible, but the sun has brought out legions of dragonflies. They're my HEROES!!
Z saw the flying squirrel in our bird feeder the other night.

In one month we've seen the worst and the best that summer has to offer. Right now I'm just appreciating the small things and COUNTING MY BLESSINGS!

5 Comments:

At 6/22/2005 8:25 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Man, I'm trying to get rid of big plastic boxes, and you're fillin' 'em up! Too bad we're not closer together for this.

 
At 6/22/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger Sagepaper said...

Way to go! My husband asked one thing of me on Saturday, and I still have not done it. I am to assemble two, two-tiered lazy susans and put the on the kitchen counters to organize my plethora of prescriptions and OTC medications. This is something I could do for someone else in short order -- it's not that big a thing. Approaching my own clutter, though, is hard. I have many different thoughts associated with each item. Also, there is method to my madness.

The prescription bottles are strewn around in accordance with when they are to be taken. Refills or extras of meds are around waiting to be needed. There are empty prescription bottles around with refills on them.

There are also empty prescription bottles around for weird, one-time stuff. Sometimes a doctor will ask about what has worked in the past. Why keep records when all that stuff is already printed on labels? Somehow, I am expected to reorganize my entire pill reminder organization, my inventory, and my medical record keeping onto the nice looking Lazy Susans.

Sure, honey, no problem.

 
At 6/23/2005 3:47 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Sage-That's why I'm so proud of Z cleaning up his mess in the living room. He seems to need his most valued possessions within reach at all times.

SME-Come home and I'll let you help.

 
At 6/25/2005 9:48 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

We haven't had a lot of dragonflies the last few years. They picked a great year to make a comeback!

 
At 6/27/2005 9:43 PM, Blogger Ben said...

glad to hear Z is doing well. Whenever someone says "babysteps" I always think of the movie What about Bob?. Great movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home