Thursday, July 28, 2005

I'd Rather Be Blogging!!!

As I write this, the computer desk and our bed are the only things left in our bedroom.

Another home-improvement project has hit priority status. Right before I got sick, I noticed several spongy-feeling areas in our bedroom floor. I didn't have the heart to tell L about this until last weekend. We've already got WAY TOO MANY unfinished projects!

We're now in the process of emptying out our bedroom so we can remove the carpet and see what's up with the floor. L went under the house and didn't see any obvious water leaks. We're thinking it may be carpenter ants.

Tomorrow or Saturday we'll be moving the computer into the living room. We're hoping that we'll be able to access the internet by splitting off the TV cable in the living room. Even the cable company is unsure if this will work or not. It depends on the strength of our signal.

If we're able to get internet access this way, I'll TRY to post pictures of our subfloor replacement project. If not, I'll talk to you all after the project is finished. We're HOPING to be completely finished within a month, but it's hard to do this kind of project when L and I work alternate shifts. A lot of this work is a two-person project. Oh well, we didn't really have anything we'd rather be doing with every spare second of our time, did we?

11 Comments:

At 7/28/2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

Ahh, the joys of home ownership and home improvement! I'll be thinking about you (I lived in/on a construction site for 4 months - drywall dust, floor covered in plastic tarps, walls missing, no power...).
Good luck!!!

 
At 7/28/2005 7:30 PM, Blogger Laura said...

OOG, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it's easilly fixable. Good luck

 
At 7/28/2005 9:13 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Fun. I hate home improvement projects. I hope it goes well though. Best of luck. :\

 
At 7/29/2005 8:18 AM, Blogger Laura said...

oh, and... You could go get a cheapo wireless router (a D-link or something) and go that route too, rather than splitting the cable. They're like $30 and they can serve as firewalls too...

 
At 7/29/2005 9:29 AM, Blogger Sagepaper said...

Wow! You have your plate FULL! I really admire your ability to fix things yourselves. My husband and I are wimps when it comes to stuff that needs to be done. Many things my father is willing to do for us. For anything substantial, though, we have to save-up to have it professionally handled. Is it possible that insurance covers this? Either homeowners or pest control?

 
At 7/29/2005 7:54 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Having participated in the ongoing renos at my friends' place, I can sympathise. It's a lot of upheaval and a lot of stress. Good luck.

 
At 7/29/2005 7:57 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Sage-It depends on what is causing the problem. It MAY be covered under our insurance.

european-Welcome back! I HATE home improvement projects! We always feel good about ourselves after they're done, but I hate the mess!!

Laura-A router won't work as we have to pull the cable out under the house so we can pull up the subfloor. Since you're bored, how 'bout grabbing your tool belt and giving us a hand? We've got some great power tools.

Bridg-We're REALLY hoping that its worn out underpad. Our luck it's carpenter ants.

Zombie-At least it's not rats!

 
At 7/29/2005 9:47 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I hope whatever it is ends up being covered by insurance AND an easy fix! Good luck. We'll be waiting to hear from you.

 
At 7/30/2005 12:14 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Bridg-I'm PUSHING myself every step of the way! I do what I gotta do!

Thanks Squirl, our fingers are crossed.

 
At 7/30/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Bridg, you just made my day! Look at ALL the money we're saving by doing it ourselves!

 
At 8/01/2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Blech, I hate home improvement stuff (which is partly why I don't own a home). Good luck in your home improvement ventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home