Monday, July 18, 2005

Sickie Update


Our Hairry Potter

I took this picture this morning as an indication of how my recovery is coming. For the first time in 4 days, Hairry decided it was safe to kick back and relax. Hairry has had to be in CONSTANT physical contact with me since I got back from the doctor on Friday. His behavior puzzled me until I looked at my prescription history on the prescription I got on Friday. The last time I had a prescription filled was 2/01. This was 9 months before Hairry was born. Hairry had NEVER seen Mom sick before, and it worried him.

Things are definitely looking up today. I woke this morning to find that the fog had finally lifted from my brain. This is probably due to the fact that I can now take deeper breaths and actually get some air to my brain. I had planned on returning to work today, but after yesterday, I decided to stay home today. I did laundry yesterday and got dizzy and winded just sorting the laundry. Not a good thing.

The weather is actually a cool 65 degrees today! This is supposed to change tomorrow, but I'm enjoying it today. L and Z did an admirable job of cooking over the weekend. They even cleaned up their mess!

Z is totally well and L still has a stuffed up head. He'll probably live, but then. . . .
Thanks everyone, for the concern and the sympathy over dealing with sick men.

L picked our Harry Potter up from the post office this morning. The postmistress said that she expected us to pick it up on Saturday. WTF? Amazon said they mailed it on Friday! They must have had a glitch in their email notifications. So it looks like we DID get the book on time. SO THERE SME, we had it first after all, nyah!! L managed to read 100 pages before he went to work.
I was going to reread the other 5 books first, but I think I'll take Squirl's advice and dive right into 6 while L is at work. I can always reread everything later.

14 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 5:03 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Now that's a calendar pose.

 
At 7/18/2005 6:08 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

That IS a great pic!

Haven't visited in a while, as I'm sure you've noticed. I hope you're feeling better, though.

 
At 7/18/2005 6:15 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks WC. I don't expect you to be here a lot with your limited computer time. I'm still keeping my eye on you though. hehe

 
At 7/18/2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better. Good for you! Get into HP number six. I didn't figure out what was going to happen ahead of time at all. Big surprises, for me at least. Stay home sick tomorrow and you can finish it!

 
At 7/18/2005 9:27 PM, Blogger :| raven |: said...

i'm sorry you weren't feeling well and i am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

i'm insanely jealous about your weather ... it was 103 here the other day ....

 
At 7/18/2005 11:04 PM, Blogger Sagepaper said...

That is a super picture. When I am down, back-injured, or ill, I rediscover why dog is man's best friend. Zack simply won't let me cry. When he finds out that's what I'm doing, he cleans the salty tears from my entire face, and then peers at me, waiting to slurp he next one I let fall. It is hard to have a good cry under such circumstances.

Don't get cocky about going back to work. You've been there, done that, although as a child. You can be sick a week or so ten days, then be back in the saddle, OR you can leap back in the saddle and limp along for a couple of months before you are truly well again.

If your personal finances dictate a timely return to work, try to arrange things with L and Z to allow you the maximum possible bed-rest at home. They should continue the housework as you continue your recovery.

It's good your boss is a friend. Depending on how you feel, you might consider working longer hours, but with a substantial rest break in the middle. Perhaps you could be up for the rushes and down for the duldrums.

Work with your doctor, too. If something starts going around town before you are fully recovered, and it is curable by anti-biotics, you and he might decide on a preventive course of anti-biotics so you don't suffer a serious relapse. Your contact with the public worries me.

Please be very conscientious about finishing your course of anti-biotics. Erythromycin, a favorite for targeting respiratory infections, is no longer effective for me, because I was irresponsible in college about taking them. Now, it is a civic duty to take all your anti-biotics. If you don't, you might be contributing to the evolution of a drug-resistant bug.

 
At 7/19/2005 9:18 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

That's a great picture of your dog. I think it's so sweet that animals have some sort of "sympathy" when their owner is sick.

 
At 7/19/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

That part about your dog being worried about you was so sweet! I love how animals have this connection with their owners and they have sympathy--it amazes me.
Don't try to do too much now that you're feeling better. That's how I got that weird after-symptom (read in your previous post). I went back to work.
I had the flu a month or so ago and it never ceases to amaze me that everytime I get THAT sick, I long for my mom and how she used to care for me. I guess it's because when you're a mom yourself--you don't have time to be sick.

 
At 7/19/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger dave said...

i hope your family gets well. being sick is the worst.

i like your dog's name.

 
At 7/19/2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Sagepaper said...

By the way, I love the quilt your dog is lounging on. It looks comfy, cozy, and full of personality.

 
At 7/19/2005 9:37 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I went back to work today and it went well. I AM coming home to rest. It's slow, but I get a little better every day.

Sage-I will definitely finish my antibiotics. I used to be a bad one about this too. I'm probably personally responsible for creating some nasty antibiotic-immune bugs. Glad you liked the quilt; our whole house is decorated in comfy-cozy.

Dave-Welcome to Minnesota. I'd offer you some pie, but the virtual stuff is pretty bland.

Sadie-I want my Mommy too, although she wasn't happy that I went back to work today. Busted!

 
At 7/19/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger alix said...

DOGGER!

whirling around in my own little sphere, i had no idea you've been ill! :(
nice to hear you're on the other side of it. i think that shot would've sent me screaming!
sending more "get better" glowies...

 
At 7/21/2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I've had a sick family, too, coinciding nicely with our move. I'm glad you're recovering.

 
At 8/04/2005 11:31 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Demi: "Awwwwww, so cuuuuuute!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home