Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bridget Strikes Again

My pal, Bridget Jones, has tagged me again. What are friends for, right? Love ya Bridg!


The tagged victim lists 8 different points of their perfect lover/partner, mentioning the sex of said partner.

I thought it would be fun to do 2 of these lists: The first list is from when I was young, single, and stupid. The second list is from my more mature (yeah, right), experienced mind.

MY SINGLE LIST
1) The perfect male for me would have blonde, curly hair, wide shoulders, tight butt, and minimal body hair. He would also be at least 5'8". This is weird as I only seriously dated ONE guy who was taller than I was.

2) Must love children.

3) Must love to read.

4) Must be my best friend. We will spend ALL our spare time together. Ain't love GRAND?!

5) Must love nature, camping and traveling.

6) Must have an adventurous spirit.

7) Must be financially stable. Oh boy, was this one a wrong number! When I met L he owned a guitar, clothing, and 500 books. He also owed $10,000 in back child support.

8) Must get along with my friends. I changed my mind about this one after one of my best friends tried to steal 3 of my boyfriends.

MY 2006 LIST

1) I LOVE my 5'4" man with the wide shoulders, tight ass, minimal body hair, and graying brown hair!!

2) Must love children AND pets.

3) Must love to read. This is the first thing that attracted me to L.

4) Must be my best friend, yet be different enough to make life interesting. We must trust each other enough to give our mate breathing space. Must be willing to grow old and boring with me.

5) Must love nature and camping and not be a sports freak.

6) Must be my equal partner; sharing responsibilities, chores, and child-rearing. After almost 29 years, we're still working on the division of responsibilities and chores. It tends to get one-sided at times. We're always a work in progress.

7) Must be able to put up with ME! This is no small accomplishment. He MUST be smarter than I am to stay ahead of my strong-willed nature. He must be willing to talk with me on an intellectual, spiritual, or emotional level. He must be able to work with me on home projects without getting overly discouraged or pissed off. Ideally we should both be alive(and speaking to each other) at the end of the project.

8) Must be a spiritual lover. A man who can make love to my mind, as well as my body.


At this point I'm supposed to tag 8 more people. I've noticed this on a lot of blogs and can't remember who has already done it. Sooo I'm only going to tag my lover, Scrunch. He's relatively new to blogging and hasn't been tagged yet.

20 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Wow. It's amazing how our lists change as we mature. I would never have made the list I did if I hadn't gone through what I did with Aaron. And you wouldn't have come to where you are today with your relationship without all that wisdom behind you. But your lists are similar enough to show that you really found what you were looking for, and that's amazing. I hope I find what I'm looking for, but after reading my list I wonder if such a man exists.

 
At 1/26/2006 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tagged by my own wife...thank you, wench. I was just saying to myself...."Whatever shall I do with all this free time?" Will post it at my blog shortly..have to think how to write it seeing as lying my ass off is not an option. Love ya,
Me

 
At 1/26/2006 11:11 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

That was sweet. Funny how people have lists of what that ideal person is, and sometimes, it's completely different. If I did this before and after Mrs. Z, it would be night and day.

 
At 1/27/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger JR said...

I made a list years ago and spent the next 15 years or so never finding what I was looking for. Then, when I finally did find all the qualities I was looking for, but the person was a woman, for the next three years I kept asking myself, "why couldn't she be a guy?" I finally got over it and am in the best relationship of my life. I never would have imagined myself in the relationship I'm in, but am very happy that life always turns out to be more than I ever imagined.

 
At 1/27/2006 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm posted and I ain't going any further on a public blog, but it actually is kinda fun.

 
At 1/27/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

welcome to the fold Scrunch!
Great example of how as we age, we mature and our needs get more practical...

 
At 1/27/2006 2:24 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

wow... I'da been a shoe in on the teanage list.... not so sure how I'da faired on the more mature one, however! I tend to go into "fits of rage" mode when it comes to remodeling projects!

 
At 1/27/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

er, that's teenage... damn, I gotta start wearin the reading glasses when I post!

 
At 1/27/2006 3:04 PM, Blogger zydeco fish said...

Of course, I am wondering just what exactly "minimal body hair" means. If the guy waxes, does that count?

 
At 1/27/2006 3:47 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

WC, life has a way of teaching us what's important, doesn't it? I actually tested L out with kids, before I got serious with him.

Scrunch-Thank you sweetie! I know your "single" list; just wondering what your current list is....

ZS, I wouldn't want to grow old with ANY of my previous loves. I would have run one of them into the ground, and the rest would have bored me to tears.

VV, we really don't know what we're looking for until we find it, do we? The trick is being able to recognize the right one before they get away. ;)

Sadie, after the initial adrenaline rush fades, we'd better love the PERSON we married, not just the body.

GWB, I have those fits too. That's why I need L to calm me down.
Just TRY the bifocals; they'll change your life!

ZF, hairy backs and hands creep me out. I don't think any guy would "wax for love" for the rest of his life. Sounds like a country song, doesn't it?

 
At 1/27/2006 5:55 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - I'm glad (sort of) to know that you still struggle with division of household responsibilities. I get frustrated at having the "dammit, why aren't you vacuuming?!?" (when I'm bent over scrubbing the floors and bathrooms) tirade every other Saturday.

 
At 1/27/2006 6:21 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Notta, this is the ONLY thing we ever fight about. Life would be so PERFECT if he would just catch on!
He's gotten a lot better, but I have to leave him a list. He NEVER notices when anything needs cleaning!
It's comforting to know I'm not alone. ;)

 
At 1/27/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Bridg, like I told VV, we just have to be able to recognize them when we find them. I came pretty close to passing L up.

 
At 1/28/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

That second list is great. Isn't it interesting how differently we see life after that many years? I know I've changed. One thing I don't miss at all about my ex is that he watched sports a lot. We didn't have cable then, either, or he'd never've left the couch.

I like how you refer to yourself as young, single and stupid. I usually say that I was young and stupid. Too true.

 
At 1/29/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Squirl, I don't know what made me smarten up when I met L, but I almost let him get away. We did a LOT of growing up together. ;)

 
At 1/29/2006 4:47 PM, Blogger Davey said...

Maybe it's because I'm male, but I never ever considerd a list!? Everything I could ever want I have. No I'm not just that optimistic, it's true. I Married my best friend (the sexiest one I had) And could not be happier. Hummmm. Am I weird?
Davey
P.S. Anyone have any boy names? Just in case. We cannot agree

 
At 1/30/2006 6:41 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

I'm not sure if I've ever made a list, but I agree with a lot of folks here that if I made a list before and after meeting Richard, they'd be totally different! Ain't love grand?

 
At 1/30/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Tshsmom - I'm happy for you. Me too. Mrs. Z is who I want to grow old with, definitely.

My ex's on the other hand, I'd probably either shoot them or myself if I had to grow old with them. :p

 
At 1/30/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Robin said...

How cool was your twist on this meme? Funny how our priorities change when we're no longer young and stupid!

 
At 1/31/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

ZS, besides, I wouldn't want to try breaking in a new one at my age. It's taken us 29 yrs to get to this stage; I'd hate to start from scratch! ;)

Robin, I got the idea from you and your "stupid at 21" post. I was 21 when we married, and have smartened up a LOT! How's hubby feeling?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home