Thursday, September 21, 2006

It SUCKS to be Me!

Welcome to my pity party!

While working on window 2 of 4 yesterday, I took a 3 mm, rectangular chunk out of my cornea. When L got home from work last night, he took me for a lovely 2 hour trip to the ER. I thought I just had sawdust in my eye. It felt like it was moving around, from one spot to the other, in my eye. The doctor took one look and said: "This involved a power tool, didn't it?" Yeah, a table saw. I was wearing my glasses. "Projectiles have a way of finding their way around glasses." No shit!

The good news is; the cornea is the fastest healing part of our body.
The bad news is; every time I try to see out of my good eye, the bad eye moves too. This causes BOTH eyes to water. Then my nose starts running. This situation effectively prevents me from doing ANYTHING, including reading or watching TV!

The good news is; I have the day off, and it's beautiful outside.
The bad news is; I can't do a damned thing, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow and Saturday. We still have 2 more windows to fix, and we're running out of time!

The good news is; I can see just well enough to touch-type this post.
The bad news is; I can't see well enough to read your blogs.

Naturally, the damage happened to my master eye, so my depth perception is totally out of whack. I keep running into things. I think I've bruised all 10 of my toes. Swearing is my best friend today.

I get to take the patch off tomorrow morning and return to work. I can't afford any more unproductive days off!! My family may kill me before then. I am totally frustrated, pissed off, and BITCHY!!

Writing this has given me a huge headache. I'm off to pop some Tylenol, lay down, and listen to TV.

14 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 5:57 PM, Blogger Vest said...

So terrible to hear about your problems, all of us here in OZ wish you a speedy recovery.luv vest, aka wosa j tar.

 
At 9/21/2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, that sounds painful. I'm glad the cornea heals rapidly. Sounds like it's not quite rapid enough for you at the moment. You know, I've been reading a number of blogs, and things that I know personally that aren't in blogs (including mine) that just suck this month. September has been really sucky.

I hope you are feeling much better by the time you're able to read this. :)

 
At 9/21/2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Sorry, that sounds SO miserable. I do think you deserve a pity party for a little while! Jees, what a freak accident. I too wish you a speedly recovery and not too much frustration - it must have also been very scary - vision is a precious thing!

 
At 9/21/2006 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Chalk it up to a bad day, get a good nights sleep, things will look brighter in the morning.

I hope that you're feeling better. How damnably frustrating - - just when you're so ready to get things done to have to stop like that!

 
At 9/22/2006 7:05 AM, Blogger Laura said...

OOOWWW. Do you get an eye patch like a pirate? Feel better!

 
At 9/22/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I'm so sorry that you hurt your eye. I'm glad you should be able to heal quickly. I'm sending you my best thoughts for a speedy recovery. :-)

 
At 9/22/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger JR said...

OUCH!! I'm so sorry you got hurt. If it's beautiful outside, get a lounge chair or a hammock, your favorite drink and turn on some music or just listen to the outdoors. I wish you a complete and speedy recovery!

 
At 9/22/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Ouch...eye injuries freak me out. I just shuddered thinking about it. I hope it gets better soon.

In the mean time, walk around saying things like, 'arrrrrgggh', 'walk the plank', and stuff like that. You should also borrow a parrot to sit on your shoulder. And when you stub your toe you should exclaim loudly, 'Awwww, and that was me good leg too!' Oh...and you can also drink lots of rum.

 
At 9/22/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger R said...

OH, that's just awful! I hope that you heal in record time!

 
At 9/22/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

OH SWEETIE!!!!! what are you doing even keeping ONE eye open!!!!!?????

Dr. ND prescribes tons of sex, chocolate and alcohol!!! and no looking at ANYTHING (heh heh heh that should make things interesting) for the entire weekend!!!

Glad that corneas heal quickly but this prescription might make you wish that they didn't ;) !!!!

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

 
At 9/22/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Shawn's right, you get the rare opportunity to play pirate now! Last week's "Wife Swap" had a pirate on it. She was trying to teach an uptight lady's kids "pirattitude".

 
At 9/22/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks Vest, or whoever you are today. ;)

Squirl, there is some comfort knowing that I'm not the only one!

Diana, thanks; you wouldn't believe all the horror stories I've been hearing about eye injuries now.

Thanks Notta and VV! My recovery isn't going according to the doctor's prediction. :(

Laura and Shawn, yes, I get to play pirate for awhile. L already suggested the parrot...I let him live. Shawn, I am currently filling your Rx for rum. What else can I do to pass the time?

Thanks -r!!

ND, as bitchy as I am, I think sex is out of the question. ;) I will add chocolate to Shawn's rum suggestion though.

 
At 9/22/2006 7:46 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Didn't I just talk to you SME?
My pirate act has got to beat your butler. heehee

 
At 9/23/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Ouch! That is terribly sucky. I'm glad it wasn't way worse, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home