Sunday, August 26, 2007

Frustrations

This has been a WEIRD summer!

We started out in a drought. In June, we were flooded with rain. Now, we're in drought conditions again. *sigh*

July and most of August were beastly hot. By the time I'd get home from work, I was too sick from the heat to accomplish anything. We're hoping that we'll be able to complete our garage insulation project in September and October.

Conditions at work are nothing short of insane! Honest, reliable employees are impossible to find. The 2 new waitresses we're trying to train in for the afternoon shift just aren't getting it. They can't add $3.00 to $2.95 without a calculator! They think their only duty is to wait on customers. Cleaning and restocking aren't in their vocabulary. Between customers, they play on their cell phones. When those damnable phones ring, work comes to a standstill. Boss keeps threatening to ban cell phones at work. DUH! She should have banned them from the start!

Poor Z must be abused, by today's standards. He doesn't wear designer clothes, doesn't own a cell phone, and has never had his hair dyed. Feel free to turn us in to the authorities. Poor Z can intelligently discuss politics, world affairs, AND he can add $3.00 to $2.95, in his HEAD, without hesitation. He also doesn't approve of the skanky way most teen girls dress, and questions the self esteem of girls whose life is controlled by their promiscuity. He just shakes his head when these same girls question HIS maturity.

Our contractor will supposedly be replacing the roof on our house before winter. We haven't heard from him all summer. L talked to him last week, and he said he'll be over to take measurements soon. I hope we have enough money put away for this project.

We haven't done anything fun since SME was here. We need to escape from our frustrations. So, next weekend, we'll spend our long weekend in the Twin Cities. Hopefully, a little down-time will re-charge us enough to complete our projects before winter sets in....

19 Comments:

At 8/26/2007 9:24 AM, Blogger none said...

Cell phones at work are a menace.

Sounds like Z is off to a good start!

 
At 8/26/2007 9:39 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Hammer, I'm starting to believe that cell phones ANYWHERE are a menace!

Thanks! Z is well on his way to becoming a "good" man!

 
At 8/26/2007 12:15 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

((((hugs))) they are that, Tshsmom. Sorry for all the idiots you've been encountering lately and the frustrations they cause.

Someday, someone will round them all up, put them on the same remote island with no way to escape.

 
At 8/26/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Bridg, they'd be easy to round up. Just offer them free cell service. ;)

 
At 8/26/2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

I was watching Pretty Woman the other day. He had a HUGE cell phone - made me crack up. We certainly have come far in making more or less everybody believe that something that was not even on the radar 20 years ago is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. *sigh*

 
At 8/26/2007 6:08 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I hope the weather settles down to something nicer for you soon. We had drought most of the summer. Now, off and on since I got back from vacation, we've had a lot of rain.

Good luck on getting those drippy new waitresses to do their jobs. Waitressing's hard enough without having to do everyone else's side work.

 
At 8/27/2007 11:18 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Oh wow. Loads of information here. Hope it gets better. I have been suggested to do something for Kora for home schooling. Its where they send you the course material from a place called CLASS. I am not sure exactly what it stands for but you pay between 300 and 500 a year and they send you the course materials. J and I are thinking about it. Not sure yet.

 
At 8/27/2007 4:37 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I know we've both said it before, but Z is a lot like K. K was telling me that he doesn't like most girls his age because they are "too into themselves". He has one friend who's a girl, but from his description, she sounds like a tomboy (which is just fine).

 
At 8/27/2007 8:32 PM, Blogger Angelique said...

I have a cell phone but I have it on silent most of the time. Anyone who knows me just calls me at home because I will answer that phone but not the cell phone.

Enjoy your vacation, it is necessary to recharge the batteries!

 
At 8/28/2007 12:02 PM, Blogger JR said...

Boy can I relate on so many of these topics. Hope you have a great rest in the Twin Cities. I'm still overly busy and not posting regularly. I'm busy with a big project aimed at bringing down a corrupt government. I'm such a trouble-maker!

 
At 8/28/2007 3:20 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Oh, your summer is weird? I go to a 9/11 conference and end up debating the fatal effects of aspartame, and your summer is weird? Heehee.

 
At 8/28/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Sonja, aren't those old cell phones hilarious?

Squirl, I'm making progress with one of them. The other one, I fear, is hopeless! :(

Tweets, that might be a good idea for at least the first year.

Notta, Z has a friend like that too. Now she has a "real" boyfriend, so Z doesn't see her too much anymore.

Angelique, that sounds like MY cell phone! Nobody calls me on it because only 3 other people know my number. ;)

VV, GO GET 'EM TIGER!!

SME, I'm convinced that you're a weirdo magnet. ;)

 
At 8/28/2007 10:47 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Yeah, what's up with that?! I mean I'm weird, but not that freakin' weird...

 
At 8/30/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Cherie said...

Yeah, poor Z is joined by poor C and C. Long live the three!

Cell phones - aargh - I'll restrain myself.

And contractors who wait until late August - another aarghh!

Know how you feel.

 
At 8/30/2007 3:01 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Cherie, maybe we can start up a charity for these 3 underprivileged waifs? ;)

I have a feeling that Z would totally approve of your daughters. He likes girls who think!

 
At 8/30/2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

You mean Z is plugged into reality and some level of maturity? Yay! And the public school system mumbles away about "socialization." What for?

After working all summer with grandson, all homeschoolers have my utmost respect. Awe inspiring. I was around a lot of home schoolers because the missionaries had no other choice and 95% of those kids are now mature adults even as they enter adulthood. Go, moms! I admire you!

 
At 8/30/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Gardenia, you're right. The homeschooled kids I've seen have ALL been quite mature, and relate well to adults. I'm finding that NO socialization is better than BAD socialization.

 
At 9/01/2007 12:16 AM, Blogger Cherie said...

Well, I know Cassie and Caroline totally approve of him after this post!

: )

 
At 9/03/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Cherie, COOL, that'll make Z's day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home