Saturday, September 15, 2007

BAH HUMBUG!

Much to my surprise, I received this award from Monica (grizzlymama.blogspot.com), and again from my lovely daughter SME(blueapples85.blogspot.com).

When I received this award yesterday, I didn't feel particularly "nice". I had just had one of the worst days, at work, that I've ever had in 30 years of waitressing. After receiving this award, and a good night's sleep, I feel much "nicer" today.


"I get to have the fun of passing this along to 7 more women bloggers who write about subjects that are often not very nice at all, but try to maintain a courteous and friendly tone at their blogs. As one lady put it, “It just shows that we can get our message across without turning into crass and rude people.”


All of my blog friends are nice people. They wouldn't be my friends if they weren't.
Most of you have already been honored with this award. So here are 6 more all-around nice people....and a rock.

Cherie(cherieswebwanderings.blogspot.com ) Cherie's blog is full of deep thoughts and family fun. She always manages to soothe my soul!

Vancouver Voyeur(vancouvercalling.blogspot.com ) This lady burns the candle at both ends, trying to make our world a better place to live.

Gardenia(herloftyperch.blogspot.com ) A wonderful artist, and all-around nice person!

Squirl(squirl1.blogspot.com ) Her upbeat attitude on life is infectious. Squirl's beautiful photography is always a treat!

Pam(greeneggsandpam.blogspot.com ) This lady always makes me laugh. Pam's in Hawaii right now, but she deserves it after the recent upheavals in her life.

Sonja(girlwithgreencard.blogspot.com ) Sonja is starting her first year as a full-time teacher. Despite her angst, I know she'll be a terrific teacher.

Romero(romerotherock.blogspot.com ) Our kidnapped yard rock, always complains about not being tagged. Now quit whining!

25 Comments:

At 9/15/2007 8:29 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Great list. You are nice. We all have bad days. Keep up the nice ones though. Talk soon.

 
At 9/15/2007 12:46 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Romeo, oh Romeo...

Jeez, I just made the connection now. Am I slow or what?

 
At 9/15/2007 1:56 PM, Blogger Miranda said...

Congratulations! The award is quite deserved. Bad days or not!

 
At 9/15/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I got tagged this, and I really wanted to tag Tweety but she got tagged elsewhere, and you already got tagged by the same sinister person who tagged me. ;)

 
At 9/15/2007 5:39 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Well, you get to keep the award even after yesterday. I know those chicks could've pissed off the Dalai Lama. ;P

WC, it's just Romero. Nothing Romeo-ish about him; he's just a rock. But don't tell him I said that - he's grumpy about being cooped up in the house.

ZS, that's me...sinister. Don't let the Nice award fool ya. ;)

 
At 9/15/2007 6:46 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks Tweets!

WC, BEWARE of SME's family! They're rock-nappers!

OMG Miranda!! Is it really YOU?! How's that little guy?

ZS, she is a sinister little rock thief, isn't she? ;)

SME, you're right. His Lamanis would have been pissed off, just like most of the other people in the building...and town, from what I hear.

 
At 9/15/2007 7:06 PM, Blogger JR said...

Well thank you. I'll try to get out of post real soon. Working on evidence on the crooked admin to turn into the State's AG right now.

 
At 9/15/2007 9:06 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

I don't have much to add...but it's nice to have my internet tubes hooked back up so I can catch up on what my blog buddies have been up.

Cheers and congrats on your sweet award!

And...you are nice. Hope tomorrow is better.

 
At 9/16/2007 8:34 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

VV, take 'em DOWN!! ;)

Shawn, it's great to have you back!

My tomorrow was better. Mostly because I didn't have to put up with 20 snotty, entitled, rich bitches for 2 hours.

 
At 9/16/2007 8:35 AM, Blogger C said...

Romero's blog is a hoot, LOL!

I hate days where everything just seems to be falling apart. :-P On the other hand, they make all the other ones seem even nicer. :)

 
At 9/16/2007 8:36 AM, Blogger C said...

PS - your reward is richly deserved. :)

 
At 9/16/2007 10:22 AM, Blogger Gardenia said...

Thank you, thank you very much!

 
At 9/16/2007 11:15 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

It's bad enough they were entitled, rich bitches...but then to hear they don't even blow their noses...what's this world coming to?

 
At 9/16/2007 2:02 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

Lol @ WC! You got that award chez BJ too, Tshsmom!

And you da bestest!

 
At 9/16/2007 9:16 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Candace, it's amazing what a decorative yard rock can accomplish when you bring him indoors.

Gardenia, you're welcome. You deserve it!

Shawn, yeah, you'd think they could afford kleenex, wouldn't you? ;)

Bridg, LOVE you too!! ((((hugs))))

 
At 9/16/2007 11:38 PM, Blogger Cherie said...

Thank you thank you tshs! Isn't it nice to have so many friends!! You're great!

You soooo deserve this. Congrats!

 
At 9/17/2007 9:26 PM, Blogger none said...

Very deserved!

 
At 9/20/2007 7:10 AM, Blogger Gardenia said...

P.S. Congratulations on YOUR award - you've been a steady influence on me - I've enjoyed reading your blog now for, I think, over two years! Kept me afloat out there in Wyoming!

 
At 9/20/2007 11:30 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

I just realized sometime in November I will have been blogging for One Year already myself. Wow where has the time went. It flies by when your having fun. LOL..

 
At 9/21/2007 6:17 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Oh, I didn't realize I hadn't commented, sorry!

Thanks! I need to post this now. I still haven't posted the one from Tweety or the one from Sometimes Saintly Nick. I will post it, though.
:-)

 
At 9/22/2007 7:09 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

OK where'd you go???

 
At 9/22/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Ok, I told this joke about half a dozen times at work and got a few laughs so I'll say it once more. You've probably heard it before, but if not, here it is again.

There's these 2 cannibals eating a clown and one of them turns to the other and says "does this taste funny to you?"

 
At 9/24/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

Zomb, liked the joke and hadn't heard it before (really I should get out more lol)!!

 
At 9/25/2007 7:21 AM, Blogger JR said...

*tappa, tappa, tappa* 10 days and no new posts. Boy and I thought I was a slacker! Hope you're doing alright.

 
At 9/28/2007 7:15 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Thanks for the kind words, tshs! I am only today feeling like I'm catching up on things after our lovely trip. Maybe this will help me get the words flowing again.

I'm glad you got the award, especially after such a bad day at work.

As Frank Burns from M*A*S*H so aptly said, "It's nice to be nice to the nice!"

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home