Monday, January 12, 2009

No Wii for Mii!

Z has been sticking to his Wii Fit workouts every morning while I'm at work. He said that my Mii has been falling asleep when he starts up the Wii. I guess that's what happens when you don't use Wii Fit for over a week. I wish there was some way to tell my Mii to hang in there. I haven't been slacking on my workouts. I just have a different workout venue right now....SNOW!

It snowed 48 inches here from the middle of December through the first weekend in January. I've cleared the house roof twice, and the garage and metal shed roofs once. According to my calculations this means that I've roof-raked over 4.5 tons of snow in the past week. Last wednesday every single joint in my upper body, from my fingers to my shoulders, was throbbing in agony.

Can you see that little bit of brown tarp sticking out of the snowbank in the center of the picture? That's our camper. Z has cleared the snow off it twice. If we get more snow, Z will have to shovel down the bank surrounding the camper so L can snowblow it somewhere else. We're not too sure where that will be. We have a huge yard and we're running out of places to put the snow!
Here's our fuel oil tank after I dug it out after I buried it with the snow from the roof.

The good news is we probably won't be getting any more snow this week. The bad news is that our temperatures will be -25F to -30F for the next 4 nights. I have one word for this winter...GRUELING!

12 Comments:

At 1/12/2009 7:33 PM, Blogger Jeannie said...

I think you win the snowball fight! We've had quite a bit of snow this winter but that mild stretch before Christmas got rid of a lot so we had room for this lot. Still, I couldn't shovel the banks any higher (which is why I got out the snowblower.

Looks like we're going down to -25 but thats Celcius so you're way colder.

 
At 1/13/2009 12:15 AM, Blogger Cherie said...

You shall have to record your fitness credits on your Wii Fit for all the snow you've shoveled. (Go to your graph then hit fit credits and then log them in. Or have Z do it for you. Ha! May as well get some credit for your backbreaking snow shoveling.)

Just do a body test and you're Mii will wake up. Joe comes over now and then and we get him to do a body test so we can see his Mii up and stretching. Most of the time...yep, he has zzzzz's coming from his head. Too funny.

I don't know how you stand those cold temps for so long. You guys are soooo tough! And here I was complaining about having to drive around in the fog. Such a wimp I am.

Hey, tell Z GOOD JOB from Cassie and Caroline.

 
At 1/13/2009 5:51 AM, Blogger VV said...

Okay, that's too much snow even for me and the TEMPS!! Come east, we've got a nice beach for you and moderate temps, also, we almost never get more than a dusting of snow.

 
At 1/13/2009 7:17 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

Way too much snow. That's more exercise than your Wii would give you. I thought we were going to be cold with the high not getting out of single digits the next few days. Can't imagine your kind of temperatures!

 
At 1/13/2009 11:21 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Those are suppose to be our windchills this week. I am not looking forward to going out anytime soon.

 
At 1/13/2009 4:10 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Isn't the wii fit fun?? I love it. I mean, sure, it's not as vigorous as going to the gym, but it's exercise and it's FUN!

Do a body test every now and again and it will stop taunting you. After a while, it will as Z "hey, have you seen {your name} lately?

 
At 1/13/2009 5:58 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Jeannie, that's been our big problem-when it isn't snowing it's COLD. Our snow hasn't melted or settled. We have metal roofs and the snow usually slides right off, but it hasn't been warm enough for this to happen.

Cherie, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check out that fit credit option.

It's not usually this bad here. This year we're above normal for snow, and below normal for temps.

Although the winter of '78/'79 we had something like 91 days straight with NO above 0 temps!

VV, I normally love winter, but this is just TOO MUCH!
I don't think I'd be able to handle your summers.

Squirl, single digits would feel like the tropics right now! They're saying that MAYBE next week we'll get that warm...

Tweets, we were supposed to have 20-30 mph winds last night. Fortunately we didn't get any wind. Whew!

Laura, I love it for the balance training and the stretching exercises. It's great for my back!
Z and I keep trying to beat each other's scores, so it's actually something we're sticking with. It's a really fun way to release the stress in my life!
Hopefully I'll be back on Wii Fit before it asks Z if he's seen me. ;)

 
At 1/13/2009 7:49 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Jeebus that's a lot of snow! Good for Z! I actually started back on the Wii Fit, combined with walking outside and doing some core exercises. We'll see.

 
At 1/14/2009 7:17 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

That's horrid!!!!!!

Hope it winds up being a short winter to make up for the snow. How do you handle the throbbing muscles?

 
At 1/14/2009 7:34 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Bridg, they keep saying that our snowfall for the winter won't be above normal. If that's true, we won't get any more snow all winter!

My muscles weren't too bad, but my joints ached like hell! I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. I'm all better except for my right shoulder joint.

 
At 1/16/2009 8:37 AM, Blogger VV said...

Summers aren't that bad when you're sitting next to the ocean. :-)

 
At 1/17/2009 9:37 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

VV, that's what I've been told about Jamaica too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home