Monday, March 20, 2006

Busy!

I just lived through the week from hell. I'm hoping this week will be better.

My boss left on a 3 week vacation last week. She deserves it. The lady works 17 hrs a day, 5 days a week, and 7 hrs on Saturday. We're all taking up the slack in her absence. Everybody but her son, who she left "in charge". He's too busy boinking the morning dishwasher! Neither of them showed up for work on Thursday. That leaves 4 of us doing the work of 7 people. I could rant forever on this subject, but I don't have the time.

Our clothes dryer died last week. It's only 2 years old! It would cost $200 to repair or $299 for a new dryer. We bought a new dryer. The good news is that we spring cleaned our laundry room. The bad news is, it took us all day Saturday to empty out the laundry room so we could get the old dryer out and the new dryer in. *sigh*

We've been jumping through hoops trying to get a building permit for our garage. We have a HUGE yard (120ft x 200ft). Yet we're having a hard time placing a garage within the ridiculous setbacks the county demands. We finally got the final figures from the county on Friday. Now I have to draw a scale drawing of the property and garage placement. Then I take the application to the sewer district office for their approval. They have to make sure the garage won't be on any sewer lines. Then I take the application back to the courthouse for final approval, hopefully.

We're trying out a new system for Z's schoolwork. Z and I developed the plan with the help of his psychologist. I'll keep you posted on how this works.

Z's psychologist also said that cleaning Z's room MUST be a top priority. With Z's Executive Dysfunction, he'll probably NEVER be able to keep it organized on his own. We have to guide him every step of the way. The last time the 3 of us cleared Z's room, it took us 2 weeks! WHERE does this woman think we're going to find the time to do this RIGHT NOW?

Hairry has decided that his poop makes a yummy snack. Now we have to make sure that Z keeps the yard turd free. Anybody that's ever had a teenager, knows that this is easier said than done!

Right now, I have to get 3 birthday and 1 anniversary card ready to mail tomorrow. I also have to get the vegetables on the pot roast I have cooking in the oven. See ya later!

14 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Firsties!

Sorry, couldn't resist that...

Anyhow, sounds like a zoo. And, ah, the kitchen romances; you can't avoid them. Sorry it's falling on your shoulders; it's so unprofessional of them to leave you in the lurch. Of course, since it's the boss's son, I wouldn't imagine any repercussions are in the future.

You'll get through it all, though! Didn't you once say here on this blog that you're never sent any more than you can handle? Remember that!

 
At 3/20/2006 6:26 PM, Blogger JR said...

So tell me, do you remember us being separated at birth? The weekend before last, our washer died, and the homeowner before us thought it would be a good idea to make the washer and dryer "built ins." So we spent the better part of the day sawing and tearing up the framing around the wall to get the old washer out, and then some more sawing to get the new washer in. *sigh* As for getting the teenager to clean the room, I nearly wet myself laughing. ;-) I've been trying for the last month to order, cajole, plead, advise, compromise, you name it, to get my teenage son to clean up his room. Let me know when you figure out an easy way to do this.

 
At 3/20/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

No WC, there won't be any repercussions. His mother has enabled him for 39 years, she's not gonna stop now. I'm sure she'll have a good excuse for him.

I don't know VV. First we have the same morals, now the same life. Hmmm....hiya Sis!

 
At 3/20/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ack! I hope things settle down soon. I can sympathize with you on the work front. I used to be a housekeeper at a Quality Inn and I HATED picking up others' slack. I also feel your pain about "poop patrol" - to get K to do anything, I finally stooped to bribery. Hang in there!! :-)

 
At 3/20/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Good luck on the work front. Too bad that woman works so hard and allows her grown son to get away with being a lazy jerk.

Sorry about your dryer. That sucks. I'm sure you weren't planning on buying a new appliance right now.

 
At 3/20/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

Oy! Building Permits can be an incredible hassle - we've been there, with unreasonable hours, expensive engineers to calculate intangible things... It all worked out in the end though - hope it happens more quickly/smoothly for you!

 
At 3/20/2006 9:34 PM, Blogger C said...

Oy vey!! I had some posts several months ago (maybe longer) in which all my apliances were dying. I feel your pain!!

Sometimes we take time off from regular schoolwork to do some serious "Home Ec." LOL! Hey, it's a valuable experience! Probably more useful than a lot of schoolwork ends up being even though I do my best to stay clear of busywork. :o)

 
At 3/21/2006 1:00 AM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

I don't understand Hairry & the turd thing anymore than I understand cats and grass, or hamsters & buttons (they're OBSESSED by buttons!!). The grass might be a nutritional thing, but turds and buttons?!
You should've told the full story of the dishwasher. At least it's good for a laugh, if nothing else. :D

 
At 3/21/2006 2:19 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Notta, motivating teens is a tough job. ;)

Squirl, he also lives in his Mom's rental house, rent free. He has his 3 kids every other week. He never cooks for them and expects everybody at the restaurant to look after them and feed them. He gets paid a nice salary, so he was actually boinking the dishwasher AND getting paid for it!

I'd settle for the drink and an apology Bridg. Fat chance on either one!

Euro, I'm trying to get the paperwork to the courthouse before they change their minds and make us jump through MORE hoops.

You're right Candace. The only way it will get done is by taking a week off from schoolwork. Having an organized environment helps Z concentrate, so it'll be worth the effort. Then we just have to keep on his tail to keep his room in order. THAT'S the tough one!

SME, I KNEW you'd be upset that I didn't tell the WHOLE story. I just didn't have the time. It is funny now, but at the time it was infuriating! She's been spending at least an hour of her work day at his house, every day! I don't think she'll be doing that when LB gets back.

 
At 3/23/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Hey...if you're not going to drink that virtual booze... What?!? I'm just saying...it seems a shame to waste it.

Hope things have gotten a bit less hectic. Funny how life can just all of a sudden get hurried and harried.

 
At 3/23/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks Bridg, I needed that!

Shawn, you're just jealous cuz I'm getting virtual booze and all you get is virtual baked goods. ;)
I'm not the hurried/harried type, so I NEED the booze! I'm the organizer/planner type.

 
At 3/24/2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Shawn said...

Planner/organizer type, eh? I think I've heard of those things before - planning and organizing that is...

I'm guessing that if I ever did either the world would shift slightly. That might help reverse global warming, or make it worse. It's probably not worth the risk.

 
At 3/24/2006 8:09 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Damn, and I thought I was having a bad week.

 
At 3/24/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Those don't seem to be strong male traits, Shawn. At least not in our house. ;)

I'm glad I made somebody feel better, GWB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home