Sunday, August 23, 2009

The BEST Medicine!

The best cure for the blues is the love of family and friends. I consider Wandering Coyote to be both. About a week ago I received this lovely postcard of WC's hometown, complete with a message of cheer from her "neck of the woods". That card made my week! The postcard will be hanging on my fridge for the next few months. Then it will join the rest of my postcard collection. You didn't know I collected postcards, did you WC?

I'm so sorry that you didn't receive the email I sent you the day the card arrived. I don't know if Hotmail or my intermittent internet service is to blame. I should've realized the message didn't go through when I didn't hear back from you. I feel like a heel! THANK YOU soooo much for brightening my day and for being such a wonderful friend and "extra daughter"!

12 Comments:

At 8/23/2009 4:48 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, I am so glad it got there - I was staring to wonder if I'd written the address down right! Don't feel like a heel! Feel like a heal! (Yeah, that was cheezy, but so what?)

You are SO WELCOME! I'm glad it brightened your day, as was its intent.

You have been such a great, supportive friend to me over the last 4 years, this is the least I could do for you in return.

 
At 8/23/2009 4:52 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

BTW, no I didn't know you collect postcards - so do I, as a matter of fact!

 
At 8/23/2009 4:59 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I asked for your address in my email. Now that I know that you collect postcards too, I'll send you some. We have some real cheezy ones around here, so that should be a hoot. LOVE YA!

 
At 8/24/2009 4:29 AM, Blogger Gardenia said...

Doesn't WC live in a magically beautiful place? Friends are sweet, yes?

 
At 8/24/2009 5:48 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

How sweet! WC, how lovely of you to do such a nice thing. Tshsmom, I'm glad you had a reason to feel happy.
:-)

 
At 8/24/2009 11:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That reminds me, did you ever get the one of the Silver Staircase? By the way, if you both like postcards, try postcrossing.com. I've collected over two hundred from the site. Of course, you have to send them, too.

 
At 8/24/2009 5:25 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Courtney: Oh, thanks for that! I'll check it out for sure!

 
At 8/24/2009 7:20 PM, Blogger Cherie said...

Excellent. Most excellent!

 
At 8/25/2009 10:58 AM, Blogger Jeannie said...

If you send me your address - I'll send you postcards if you like. I've kept a lot of postcards I've been sent and also found a number of them in second hand books - very old.

 
At 8/25/2009 11:22 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Pretty cool. I never knew you collected post cards either.. I will have to see what I can find to cheer you up also. But I need the address again...

 
At 8/27/2009 1:50 PM, Blogger VV said...

My cure for the blues is finding cheap treasures and the weekly flea market. I love glass kitsch!

 
At 8/27/2009 3:48 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Awesome.

I love email, don't get me wrong, but the sad thing about email is that nobody writes letters or postcards any more. I used to treasure my letters. Used to write lots of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home