Thursday, December 10, 2009

Circle of Friends Award.

One of my best blogging (and real-life) friends, Vancouver Voyeur blessed me with this award. Before everybody gets all mushy, I'd like to point out that VV tagged me because she doesn't think I've been writing enough. She's right, of course. That's one of the things our true friends do...point out our shortcomings. Love ya VV!!

Now apparently the way this works is that I have to share five things that I like before passing the award on to five folks who fall into that Circle of Friends. I'd like to point out that I had a hard time finding 5 things that I simply "liked". This is the time of year that I LOVE most of what is going on around me. I'm a Christmas fanatic and I love all the baking, decorating, music, shopping, togetherness, and love that occurs in our home. So here goes....

5 Things I Like:

1) I like the way our kitchen is shaping up. I love the new floor and paint, and I will love the whole project once we re-stain the cupboard doors and I sew the new curtains.

2) I like winter...except for last winter....that was TOO much.

3) I like where we live, except it's damned near impossible to make a decent living here. Unfortunately this is true all across rural America.

4) I like my job. It's a challenge and I like interacting with 90% of the people I see every day.

5) I like having my freezer full. It's my safety net.

Now for the "lucky" recipients of... (cue ominous music)....the tag!

Cherie: I KNOW that her "likes" will brighten my day.
Wandering Coyote: Because she's my oldest(actually she's just a kid) blog-friend.
Tweets: It will give her something to do while her foot heals.
Courtney: Because she needs to stop playing games at Facebook long enough to post something on her BLOG!
SME: Because I said so!

14 Comments:

At 12/10/2009 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How did you know I was playing Farmville? :D

I'll try this, but I really don't like much of anything lately, partly why I haven't been posting.

 
At 12/10/2009 5:29 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I've been in the same slump, but this one kinda cheered me up. Just call this tag my birthday gift to you.

You may now return to playing with your new pink calf. ;p

 
At 12/10/2009 6:07 PM, Blogger Cherie said...

Alrighty, then. I shall get busy with this.

And you've got new kitchen flooring? No more holes? Yippee!

 
At 12/11/2009 2:37 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Yes!! I'll be posting pics of the new floor soon.

 
At 12/11/2009 4:09 PM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Thanks. I will get to it sometime this weekend.. I need to get the girls some new boots yet. My mom got them some new coats.I posted pix with today's post.. Check them out..

 
At 12/11/2009 5:21 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

You do like your job?

Agreed about the freezer and safety. I like having 3 months of food at all times, although most of ours is canned or dried.

 
At 12/11/2009 8:49 PM, Blogger VV said...

I've commented on here twice now and it hasn't shown up. Hmmmm. Well, third time's the charm, eh? So did you bake tonight? We cheated and did mixes, too tired these days, but we did pumpkin bread, cranberry bread, and walnut, chocolate chip cookies. M said the cookies were really good (I don't do walnuts) and the pumpkin bread was unbelievably good!

 
At 12/12/2009 2:16 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

ZS, like, not love. ;)
I like interacting with most of the people. I don't get bored. I also bake all the cookies, bars, and pie fillings. My back would never handle a job where I had to sit all day. It pays the bills, although it used to pay a lot more.

VV, I had trouble commenting last week. Stupid blogger!

We baked all week. That's why I took yesterday off. We made 5 different kinds of cookies; 15-20 dozen of each kind. Tomorrow L and I will make lefse.

I gotta make some cranberry bread and/or cake. My Grandma used to serve it with a killer butter sauce. I found a recipe for a butter sauce I think will match my Grandma's recipe, but I haven't got around to making it yet.

There's a pumpkin shortage this year, so you're probably better off using a mix this time. (There I justified that for you!) ;

 
At 12/12/2009 9:16 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

I like your likes.

 
At 12/13/2009 10:20 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

It's a good thing you like winter considering where you live. :-)

I'm glad you love Christmas so much. I finally got a bit more back in the mood this, as you saw at my blog. I just don't seem to find my to blogs as much as I used to.

 
At 12/13/2009 5:53 PM, Blogger VV said...

Saw your comment on Nicole's blog about the second set of winter outerwear. That's our practical and resourceful side coming out. We need to chit-chat on the phone again. I feel the need to catch up.

 
At 12/15/2009 5:10 PM, Blogger DILLIGAF said...

Don't do tags 'cause I'm a miserable old git...;-)

Mind you I'll do 'em on others blogs...

1) Our kitchen is full of cats. I think there's around 7 or 8 at the last count...(wifey loves 'em so what the hell?)...so do I but don't tell...street cred...street cred!!

2) I like summer 'cause I hate being cold....

3) I hate where I live 'cause it's full of foreigners - not that I necessarily mind foreigners but.

There's always a 'but' eh?

Most are muslim Somalians and such.

WTF happened to England????

4) I quit my job 'cause I was a Union Rep and it got me down after 9 years. Training to be a driving instructor.....stay off the roads!!!...;-)

5) I like having my freezer full....mainly of home made Polish Vodka....Now that IS a drink!!!!...;-)

The Niven story is true by the way......"With or without teeth?"....I met him three times and he was WICKED!!!!!

 
At 12/18/2009 3:22 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Oh agreed about the back thing. I have a sit all day job and it kills my back. I see a chiropractor every 2 weeks.

 
At 12/18/2009 3:31 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Oh, before I forget, Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home