Circle of Friends Award.
One of my best blogging (and real-life) friends, Vancouver Voyeur blessed me with this award. Before everybody gets all mushy, I'd like to point out that VV tagged me because she doesn't think I've been writing enough. She's right, of course. That's one of the things our true friends do...point out our shortcomings. Love ya VV!!
Now apparently the way this works is that I have to share five things that I like before passing the award on to five folks who fall into that Circle of Friends. I'd like to point out that I had a hard time finding 5 things that I simply "liked". This is the time of year that I LOVE most of what is going on around me. I'm a Christmas fanatic and I love all the baking, decorating, music, shopping, togetherness, and love that occurs in our home. So here goes....
5 Things I Like:
1) I like the way our kitchen is shaping up. I love the new floor and paint, and I will love the whole project once we re-stain the cupboard doors and I sew the new curtains.
2) I like winter...except for last winter....that was TOO much.
3) I like where we live, except it's damned near impossible to make a decent living here. Unfortunately this is true all across rural America.
4) I like my job. It's a challenge and I like interacting with 90% of the people I see every day.
5) I like having my freezer full. It's my safety net.
Now for the "lucky" recipients of... (cue ominous music)....the tag!
Cherie: I KNOW that her "likes" will brighten my day.
Wandering Coyote: Because she's my oldest(actually she's just a kid) blog-friend.
Tweets: It will give her something to do while her foot heals.
Courtney: Because she needs to stop playing games at Facebook long enough to post something on her BLOG!
SME: Because I said so!