Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful?

I've spent this month trying to get into the holiday spirit. This is my favorite time of the year and I REFUSE to let our circumstances control my psyche! Easier said than done. A special THANK YOU to Cherie for her daily November posts. You've helped me more than you'll ever know!

Home projects, my husband's constant tinkering with this new computer, internet problems, getting used to trifocals, finding a new dentist and optometrist, and the constant, demeaning drama with my parents has prevented me from participating in the blog-world. I'll post about all of this later. Today is the time for me to count my blessings.

I'm thankful...

...that my kids are healthy, especially SME, who was strong enough to recently battle two bouts of the flu.

...that we have a warm home, food, clothing, and clean water.

...that we still have jobs.

...for the loving support of family and friends through the past year.

...for the skill, and tools, required to complete our recent home improvements.

...that we have been able to afford to repair, or replace, everything that has broken down this year.

...that MNCARE FINALLY(I've been jumping through their hoops all month) approved our re-enrollment for another year of health insurance.

...that I don't have to travel anywhere today.

I am praying for my cousin J, who is enduring her first holiday season, in almost 50 years, without her husband.

I wish a safe and fulfilling Thanksgiving to all my blog-friends who are celebrating today! I LOVE and appreciate ALL of you!

6 Comments:

At 11/26/2009 11:15 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Happy Thanksgiving guys... I hope you all find something very special to be thankful for. We are having his mother and Shari here.. Every year I think about the day my grandfather was suppose to be brought home and reaized he couldnt be because he had left this earth to a better place. I was only 7 years old when he passed away.. Enjoy your day and we will talk soon. N..

 
At 11/26/2009 12:26 PM, Blogger Jeannie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 11/26/2009 12:30 PM, Blogger VV said...

Happy Thanksgiving. So good to see a post from you again. I've been planning to call but life has taken over between the two jobs and my son getting in trouble which has necessitated, calls, meetings, grounding, volunteer work, apology letters, counseling with my ex included, wasn't that lovely. So, a relaxing phone call hasn't been in the cards lately, but soon I hope. Right now my focus is on finishing cleaning the house before guests arrive. This weekend I hope to begin getting X-mas decorations up and start reading over a 1000 pages of writing from my students' latest paper assignment. I ought to post on that assignment too, it was such an eye opener. Have a great day, and hang in there. Relief has to be out there on the horizon somewhere!

 
At 11/26/2009 12:46 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I love and appreciate you, too! Have a great day!

 
At 11/26/2009 11:49 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tshsmom!

 
At 11/29/2009 12:51 AM, Blogger Cherie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tshs!!

I appreciate knowing that something I did over on my humble blog actually helped someone. We are so similar, it's not surprising we find comfort and inspiration in the same places.

Here's to a refreshing Christmas Season together, you and me, via this blogging world!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home