Sunday, March 26, 2006

For Squirl

When I opened our kitchen curtains this morning, a red squirrel dove off our bird feeder and left these tracks. I instantly thought of my blogbuddy, Squirl. I couldn't resist sharing this with you Squirly!

WORK UPDATE: The boss' son, BS (isn't this appropriate?), didn't ditch his limited work schedule for boinking this week. The dishwasher, DW, didn't show up for work on Wednesday. BS's response? "She PROMISED me she'd be here today." My response? "She's as reliable as a 2-day-old baby with the shits, and NO DIAPER!"
Thursday morning, DW showed up like nothing had happened, again. BS lives next door to the restaurant. So every chance she got, DW would sneak over to his house. My co-worker, CW, would then get on the phone, and call her back to work. DW was actually stupid enough to answer the phone EVERY TIME, and BS has caller ID! The 4th time this happened, CW told her: "I don't care what you do with YOUR time, but don't screw with the BOSS' time!"
On Friday DW proudly announced that our Boss had called BS and told him that she was going to have a talk with DW when she gets home. (Yes, CW called our Boss and told her what's been going on.) WTF, DW?! Do you honestly think that this will be a fun talk? WTF are you expecting? Maybe a promotion for your sterling work history? *shaking head and muttering*

SCHOOL UPDATE: We will be taking Candace's excellent advice by taking the coming week off from homeschooling. We will be using the time to tackle the disastrous mess in Z's room. I'm dividing the room into 7 sections and printing up a schedule, just like an assignment sheet. We'll tackle one area/day. Hopefully his room will be totally reorganized by next Sunday. I hope to be posting before and after pictures of this mammoth project.

SHAMELESS PLUG: Check out Z's blog www.homeschoolkid.blogspot.com, for a brilliant post on the "Elmo Phenomenon".

I'm hoping that this week will go smoother and I'll have more time to blog. I'm not counting on it though.

19 Comments:

At 3/26/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Boss SHOULD be home by Wednesday Bridg. Her reaction to all of this will be interesting.

 
At 3/26/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ha, ha - I've never heard that comparison of "reliable" before. I'll have to make a note of that. :-P

 
At 3/26/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Notta, I got that one from my Dad. ;)

 
At 3/26/2006 7:38 PM, Blogger C said...

Wow! That girl is a bear of very little brain!!

Z's Elmo post made me laugh. :o)

Have a fun week! Sometimes it's just a great break from the norm, and the results are always saisfying. :o)

 
At 3/26/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Vest said...

reminds me of the guy who got fired for putting his whanger in the bacon slicer.

 
At 3/27/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Nice to see a boss taking a firm stand on this. I knew one woman at DePaul who slept with her boss and kept getting promoted, and promoted - keep in mind - she was a secretary (how original right?) so how many times can you promote a secretary!? She finally married the weasel after he went to a different school. ick.

Good luck on the room cleaning. I could use some of that motivation for our bedroom too.

 
At 3/27/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Faltenin said...

Maybe next time you can do a whole post in acronyms ;o)

 
At 3/27/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Thank you for the picture! I love it! It's great. Did the squirrel eat all the food or destroy your feeder, though? They can be nasty little suckers. :-)

Good about the work situation. What an idiot. Nothing will ever happen to BS, but DWs are a dime a dozen.

And good luck on the reorg of the schooling area.

 
At 3/27/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Yeah, Candace, she's no "honey"!
Z says THANKS, with a big grin.

Vest, the version I heard of that joke was about a pickle slicer. ;)

Laura, we're all taking bets on whether the boss will come down on her. Our boss is pretty wishy-washy.

Fal, don't laugh, I could do that. I used to deal with the school system and special education(SPED). It took me 6 months to figure out all the acronyms they used.

Squirl, I'm glad I took that pic in the morning. By afternoon, the tracks were all melted and spread out.
The squirrels eat more than their share of food, but we have some wicked chickadees that won't let the squirrels give them any shit.
You're right about BS. He'll whine to Mommy that nobody respects him, and we'll all be labeled ogres.:(

 
At 3/27/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Geez - that work situation sounds difficult to put it mildly. Beautiful pic - love that snow.

Your plan for cleaning the bedroom is A++ with a gold star! ;-) It is the best way to tackle it I think - one spot at a time. That is the way I have to do things in my house when they get out of control. Our bedroom is getting that way fast and time to deal with it. Yuck. Good luck this week and I am looking forward to checking out Z's blog! I didn't know Z HAD a blog!

 
At 3/28/2006 3:48 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks, Monica! We've finally realized that no matter what we do, or how much we wish it, Z will probably NEVER have normal organizational skills. We have to break his assignments and chores into little pieces that he can handle without being overwhelmed.

 
At 3/28/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

The room-cleaning plan sounds like a battle plan - which I guess it is!
Love the picture.

 
At 3/28/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

What's that white stuff on the ground? You Minnesotans have a baking soda problem? ;)

 
At 3/29/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Davey said...

*clapping hands and laughing like the blissfully mad* Americans still have snow!!! HEY EVRYONE AMERICANS STILL HAVE SNOW. Like where is your igloo? I (Canadian) raked my lawn and cleaned out my garage this weekend. Oh ya I also BBQ'd on Sunday Tee Hee Tee Hee

 
At 3/29/2006 6:17 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

SME, battling YOU was bad enough. Your brother is worse!

ZS, yeah, we have 6-12 inches in our yard yet. It was 60F today, and it's supposed to rain tonight, so that should take care of most of it.

Shut up Davey! ;) Our yard won't dry out enough to rake until May.

 
At 3/29/2006 9:07 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

your son is brilliant!

 
At 3/30/2006 4:46 AM, Blogger Hawkeyi's Blog said...

The boss should kick BS to the curb and put LC in charge next time. I always like your nature pictures K, your an artist. Good luck with the bedroom detail, if memory serves me well, all 5 of my kiddos won best housekeeping awards for their cleanliness and organization abilities. hmmm , maybe my memory doesn't serve me well?

 
At 3/31/2006 1:42 AM, Blogger Vest said...

It is spring here in NSW Central coast, OZ, I wore my first woolly today, the 8am temp 26F.

 
At 3/31/2006 6:50 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

I think so too, GWB!

Doug, you still haven't seen MY dead tree pics.
Yes, A & D are just as neat as Z is. ;) The other two I would have to ask Char and Jules for an honest opinion.
As I told you last night, Boss will let this shit ride until it bites HER in the ass.
I can't believe that you commented TWICE in one year! Love ya!

Vest, I thought OUR spring was YOUR fall?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home