Friday, March 09, 2007

See You Tuesday

The 3 of us will be heading for southern MN, tomorrow morning. My aunt died yesterday. Auntie's funeral will be a celebration. She was 94, and had been totally unresponsive to anyone around her for the last 5 years. Death has released Auntie from her earthly bonds. We're all happy for her.

My parents won't be going to the funeral of my Dad's sister. Dad is now the only one left of his family's 6 kids. My parents seem to be removing themselves from this branch of the family too.

I'm looking forward to spending time with my cousins. Several of us are very much alike. Scary thought, isn't it? Auntie was childless, and her husband died over 20 yrs ago. It's up to 2 of my cousins and I to handle the arrangements. It's been a busy couple of days here between work, phone calls, packing, and catching up on the laundry and misc. chores before we leave.

I'll catch up with you all on Monday night or Tuesday. Maybe this weekend, if I can handle my cousin's dial-up connection. Have a great weekend!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 3/10/2007 12:41 AM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Grandma said she was 91. Who's wrong?
Have a safe trip, and (strange as this may sound) have fun!

 
At 3/10/2007 11:20 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Have a safe trip. Talk to you when you get back. We cant even go to Maries funeral. Its not that we cant afford it. Some one else has Monday off from where J works and they cant run with two guys short. I am happy that she is in a better place. Marie was the same way really she was only like in her seventies. To many pills she had taken all her life. She thought they were helping her but wouldnt listen to any of us. Tuesday then. Tweets.

 
At 3/10/2007 12:35 PM, Blogger Cherie said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. You have a good perspective about it. Sorry about your folks, too. I agree with sme, as strange as it sounds have fun. Be safe!

 
At 3/10/2007 4:34 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

My condolances. Be safe, enjoy your family, celebrate a life.

 
At 3/10/2007 6:56 PM, Blogger hannah said...

great, i think. have a good time, remember the happy things.

 
At 3/10/2007 7:44 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope you can enjoy catching up with your cousins.

 
At 3/11/2007 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, and it sounds like she's in a better place...

 
At 3/11/2007 1:39 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

Will look for your return. I pray for safety, healing, and a great homegoing celebration for your loved one.

 
At 3/12/2007 9:53 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I like the "celebration" aspect of funerals more anyway. You're all gathered together to mourn a loss, sure. But remember the person for the good times you had.

 
At 3/12/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

I like when funerals aren't super sad because the person was *ready* to die. It's like a family reunion! Safe travels for your family!
I did that post on young earth.

 
At 3/12/2007 9:02 PM, Blogger Bridget Jones said...

Sorry for your loss Tshsmom but happy for auntie.

My mom would say that there's a star in heaven for you doing that work.

YOu're right, go celebrate her life.

 
At 3/13/2007 6:05 PM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

I found some things out about mine. I guess she passed away last monday and by the time my mom got to know about it she had already be creamated. I think I spelled that wrong. I also got a hold of a very good young friend of hers today. Just plain weird. Well hope things went well and you had fun with cousins and family. I know it soundsd weird but hope you did anyway. Tweets.

 
At 3/17/2007 8:59 AM, Blogger Angelique said...

I apologize for my late reply. My condolences on the loss of your Aunt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home