Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Well, that explains that snowflake phenomenon. (SME, it was a bugger getting this package on the scanner!)

This year I'm once again sharing SME's hand-drawn wrapping paper with you. As promised in my Christmas post from last year, I bought her a new box of crayons last summer. She now has sharp crayons to create her amazing wrapping paper.

This adorable mouse is on Z's present. I know what he's getting and the picture matches his present perfectly.


L's package sports a "little" jab at his age from his daughter.


SME put a VERY pertinent message on her grandparents' gift. I hope the message isn't lost on them.

After work yesterday, Z and I stopped at my parents' house to pick up the turkey and other items they are providing for the Christmas Day meal we're preparing. Dad had chemo yesterday and they were both mentally muddled. I'm so grateful that they're allowing us to host Christmas dinner this year. Dad has to go to the hospital to have his chemo pump removed tomorrow. Between that and their mental states, dinner would have been a disaster!

Winter storm "Bertha"(When did they start naming winter storms?) is upon us. We're right on the edge of the storm, so we SHOULD get only 4-7 inches of snow. It's snowing pretty heavily right now, but so far there's no wind and the temps are mild (24F). I'm extremely grateful that my loved ones won't be traveling through this! However, L will have to blow snow before my parents arrive this afternoon.

It's now time for me to wake the guys. Then I will start cooking while the guys give the house a quick clean-up.

I wish all of my beloved blog-friends a very BLESSED CHRISTMAS with family and friends!

14 Comments:

At 12/24/2009 10:16 AM, Blogger Cherie said...

Your daughter is VERY talented! I'm going to show her drawings to Caroline, a budding artist herself.

I LOVE the pot belly on the eggnog chick.

And the nut and nutcracker say it all!

Well done, SME.

Thanks for sharing, TSHS. Merry Christmas to all of you, too!!!

 
At 12/24/2009 11:25 AM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, these are just great! I love them!

Thinking about you all this Christmas, and I hope it all goes well!

 
At 12/24/2009 12:47 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you TSHSMOM - and I hope that you and your family have a beautiful Christmas!

 
At 12/24/2009 6:14 PM, Blogger Garnetrose said...

oh, wow! the wrappings are great. She is very talented. Bertha? I did not know they named winter storms. I hope Bertha was kind to you. Merry Christmas.

 
At 12/24/2009 6:43 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Nice paper!! Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/24/2009 10:14 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Bertha?! Sheesh, who names these things? And why do storms need names, anyway? Old people always say things like, "The great blizzard of 1938" or "The tornado that came the same spring your sister got knocked up by the milkman", or whatever.

I thought Grandma and Grandpa's wrapping was appropriate. ;)

 
At 12/24/2009 11:11 PM, Blogger VV said...

I LOVE SME's drawings! They're of the highest quality and maximum wit! Merry Christmas to you and yours. It's just past midnight here, so I guess it's Christmas. We just got back from Stevensville and our Christmas with the kids. Off to bed to try and catch up on sleep.

 
At 12/26/2009 12:03 PM, Blogger Gardenia said...

Have a sweet, wonderful Christmas - your post is sweet. I LOVE the wrapping paper, how creative and witty and well done! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

 
At 12/29/2009 9:48 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

The girls loved there presents. I have been sick as a dog the last five days. I am up and about today thank goodness. Jeff had to go in this morning.. He wasnt feeling to well but boss man told him he had to or else...

Sme you do wonderful drawings.. Glad you can make your own paper.. Recycled paper bags with great designs... Well gotta go for now.. Talk soon..

 
At 12/30/2009 8:33 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

I'm a bit late on this one. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

SME - your drawings are not only well-done, but very clever! Love them.

Hugs to all!

 
At 12/30/2009 10:32 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Have a great belated one too! :)

Favorite one was the 2nd one. I got a good chuckle out of that one. :)

 
At 12/31/2009 4:13 AM, Blogger Jay said...

This wrapping beats all. It's beyond brilliant!

 
At 1/06/2010 5:02 PM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

i just put up a new post after you commented..

 
At 1/09/2010 8:16 PM, Blogger VV said...

Okay, I'm waiting.....don't make me call you....well, okay, I can't until I get home tomorrow anyway. Hey, that might actually be nice, maybe tomorrow late afternoon if you won't be busy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home