Monday, May 14, 2007

Interview Meme

Want to play? Here's how it works:
Leave me a comment requesting an interview.
I will email you five questions. I get to pick the questions. BWAHAHAHAHA.
You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
You will include this explanation (or a reasonable variation) and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Sonja, over at (www.girlwithgreencard.blogpot.com), threw these questions my way:

1. What would be a deal breaker to you in a marriage and/or in a friendship?
L and I have discussed this a LOT over the years. It always comes down to 2 things: infidelity and abuse(physical or mental). I always told L that I would forgive him ONCE, for just about anything. IF he got help with his problem. The second time....OUT THE DOOR!
With friendships, lying and backstabbing are the deal breakers. Be honest with me or get the hell out of my life!
2. What's the number one item on your to-do list right now?
Finishing the reorganization of Z's room. Then we can get busy on all the outside jobs we need to do.
3. I'm coming over for dinner. What are you serving for dessert?
Sorry, but we rarely have dessert. We usually have ice cream or pudding in the fridge, and I bake when I have the time.
If you came to dinner, Sonja, it would be a special occasion, so I'd probably make a Snicker Cake.
4. What do you miss about living in a big city?
My first instinct is to say: "Not a damned thing!"
I used to miss the shopping, but now that we have internet shopping, we rarely go out of town.
We'd probably have a network of TS parents and doctors in a big city, but who knows if that would get us any further than we are now?
Overall, we're quite content with our lifestyle! ;)
5. If you had unlimited resources (money, connections etc.), what would you do to change the world?
Since I'm overly cautious and research everything to death, I doubt if I'd live long enough to decide the best way to change the world. I'd be afraid of messing it up worse than it already is!
L and I have always said that IF we were rich, we'd keep just enough money to stay comfortable. We don't want to change our lifestyle! The rest of the money would be carefully distributed to those who need it the most.

14 Comments:

At 5/16/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

Thanks for playing along! Snicker cake sounds good... :)

 
At 5/16/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger Hawkeyi's Blog said...

Good answers! I'd be the same way with a large amount of money; guess I get it from you. I'd have to leave it all to somebody more decisive in a will. ;D

Leaving the big city, I would mostly miss the libraries, cafes, and movie theaters. I'd miss traffic and pigeons least.

 
At 5/16/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger Hawkeyi's Blog said...

Ugh. That was me, SME.

 
At 5/16/2007 6:38 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Sonja, want the recipe?

SME, you and I aren't known for making snap decisions, are we?

Did you know that there's a line under the comment box that says "You're currently posting as..." ? Check it out sometime. It's right above the word verification. heehee

 
At 5/17/2007 6:58 AM, Blogger tweetey30 said...

Great post. I dont blame you for taking your time on this one. Those sounded like hard questions. Large amounts of money J an I have decided to distribute it among family members that need it excluding my mom since she wouldnt know what to do with a good chunk of money anyway. LOL..

 
At 5/17/2007 3:10 PM, Blogger JR said...

Okay, this looks like fun. Interview me!

 
At 5/17/2007 4:07 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

You're very brave, VV! ;D

 
At 5/17/2007 7:02 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Tweets, we said the same thing about L's brother and his wife. You could give them a million dollars in the morning and they'd be a million and a half in debt by the end of the day.

VV, WOW, I'm impressed that somebody actually trusts me!
I'll try to think up some "good" questions and shoot you an email.

SME, you are such a BRAT! ;)

 
At 5/17/2007 9:40 PM, Blogger Scott said...

I'll play as well.

 
At 5/18/2007 5:04 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Scott, Aha, another victim..er..um..no,I mean participant. ;)
OK, I'll see if I can come up with some questions that will match your wisdom. Either that or I'll ask silly, dorky questions.

 
At 5/19/2007 8:07 AM, Blogger Squirl said...

I love how your answers show how down-to-earth you are. :-)

 
At 5/19/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Scott said...

lol wisdom

Thanks for the questions, I'll try to get them done pretty quick.

 
At 5/19/2007 9:18 PM, Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

No dessert? :(

Yeah, neither of us have been unfaithful. That's a serious thing we've talked about. And when it comes to abuse, we don't even fight. We're both so tired of hearing our parents fighting that we never did really fight or even argue about anything.

As for not living in a city, I can't wait to be in that situation. Sure there's lots of good food here, but that's about it. If I could take the cold, I'd buy one of my father's condos in Montana and live there. (The cold is why we left the Midwest). Give me the Great Outdoors anydays over culture.

 
At 5/20/2007 9:41 AM, Blogger tshsmom said...

Thanks Squirl! I used to fight this personality quirk. Now I revel in it!

Scott, I ALWAYS learn something from reading your comments and posts!

ZS, LOL, I promise to make dessert if your family ever comes to dinner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home