Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!


Today marks the end of our decorating season, that started with Halloween. I know, I COULD decorate for the 4th of July, but that's always seemed like an outdoor holiday to me. So we settle for hanging out our flag on July 4th.

The pictures are of art projects Z did in kindergarten. The top pic is Z's "Elegant Egg" hanging from our kitchen ceiling. Z actually made this egg in the fall. His class studied a letter of the alphabet every week and made an art project that started with that letter. I can still remember how proud he was of his beautiful, "Elegant Egg".

The bottom pic is a bunny made from 2 eggs. One of the eggs is cut in half to make the ears. As always, my kid's artwork is my favorite decoration.

As usual, we had my parents over for brunch this morning. I served the traditional egg bake, Danish coffee cake, and Easter eggs that Z and L dyed last night.

Z got season 1 of RobotChicken on DVD, from the Easter bunny. He and L are currently laughing themselves sick in the living room.

We'll be having Easter dinner at my parent's house. This year we're having prime rib. My Dad makes the world's greatest prime rib! I'm so grateful that my whole family is healthy and happy for another holiday.

Easter will always be the holiday of eternal love to me.


14 Comments:

At 4/16/2006 3:55 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

sounds like a great day. Happy Easter. And Happier Dyngus Day!

 
At 4/16/2006 10:30 PM, Blogger C said...

I love the elegant egg. :-) Yum - sounds like a great dinner! Happy Easter!

 
At 4/16/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

The artwork is beautiful and wishing you a very Happy Easter! We have a lot to be thankful for.

 
At 4/17/2006 7:24 AM, Blogger JR said...

GWB, What is Dyngus Day?

Tshsmom, love the art work! Dinner sounds yummy. Hope you had a lovely Easter with your family. My family spent the day at the beach, then we came home to have a nice roast for dinner. :-)

 
At 4/17/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Happy Easter! Z's artwork is great - what a fun way to decorate. :-)

 
At 4/17/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger greatwhitebear said...

Dyngus day is always the day after easter. It celebrates the Christianizing of Poland in 966 a.d.
In certain places with large Polish populations, it is a huge deal. The best celebrations are in South Bend and Buffalo. Lots of kielbasa, cabbage, boiled eggs and beer.

It is also considred the start of the political campaign season, so LOTS of pols show up and try to be just a regular guy or gal for a day.

 
At 4/17/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Sonja said...

That's a very elegant egg you have there!
Happy Easter!

 
At 4/17/2006 11:46 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

The bunny is really cute! ;)

 
At 4/18/2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I LOVE Robot Chicken... friggin briliant show catering to a generation with no attention span...

 
At 4/18/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger tshsmom said...

That must be why Z loves it, Laura. ;)

 
At 4/18/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

I watched the Smurf version of "Se7en" online last night. That settles it - I have to get Robot Chicken. I blame Sesame Street and Pinwheel for my short atten...

 
At 4/19/2006 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked Robot Chicken..A lot of the sketches pushed the limits of taste, but what do I know about taste. SME, you'd really like some of them..hope for a next season DVD

 
At 4/20/2006 11:29 AM, Blogger Sadie Lou said...

Where ya been? Miss you!

 
At 4/20/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

Sorry I missed this post. Traveling throws everything off.

It sounds like you had a wonderful family day. That's so cool that you keep the old handmade decorations. They're really the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home